Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring has sprung in London!

Crocuses are blooming, the sun has been out for like 5 days straight, and I'm back on the bike! The Irishman bought me lights for my lovely wreck for Christmas, so I coerced him to zip-tie them to the frame on Sunday and it's been pedal power ever since.

Apparently the prolonged winter that we've experienced her has affected not only everyone's mood; the BBC and newspapers have been sounding the alarm that there is a daffodil shortage! But even worse, a Shamrock shortage in Ireland is causing widespread panic as fake shamrocks are replacing the real thing due to the shortage!!! Clearly, the winter has had some dire effects.

Personally, I'm thrilled about the sun, the quickly lengthening days (sunrise is at 6am and sunset is at 6pm!), and the increase in buzz on the high streets in the park. My only issue though is that so many of my friends are pregnant and due soon, which means that I have a LOT of knitting to do. Knitting is an inside sport, though, and I want to be outside! I'm going to really have to buckle down on rainy days to get my gifts done!

No comments:

Post a Comment