Thursday, June 2, 2011

British Food Festivals

















Photo courtesy of Net Efket on Flickr

Sometimes I am a bit slow with Google Reader; weeks go by when I only manage to read my favorite blogs and I end up with stockpiles of food, design, and travel blog entries (you know, the ones with multiple posts per day that I yearn to be like) to catch up with.

Today is one of my catch up days when I am a bit light in the office (shh don't tell anyone) so I've zoomed through my cache of food blogs I follow. I was excited to find in my reader this article on The Guardian's Word of Mouth blog - an interactive map of food festivals in the UK this summer. How exciting!

The Irishman and I aren't slated to go to any at this point, but when he returns on Sunday we may have to have a think - spending some days in the sun enjoying the best of British produce sounds pretty much perfect! I'm considering The Whitstable Oyster Festival and the Great British Beer Festival

Mmmm delicious!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Taste London the weekend of the 16th! Wanna go together? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Let me check with the boss - we have something out of town that weekend, but not sure for how many days! I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Sounds yummy!
    Can't wait to spend some time enjoying British foods with my relatives there.
    Thanks also for those links.. Pretty helpful for food lovers like us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Jessica! I hope you have a fabulous time eating your way around the country this summer!

    ReplyDelete