Thursday, July 2, 2009

Slacker, I know.

Hi everyone. Remember me? I used to blog 'round these parts.

I have been pretty rubbish at it lately, and I do have a few excuses. I think they're decent, but, obviously, that's up to you, dear readers.

1. I moved. Finally. The rent at the old place was breaking the bank (literally) and I was ready for a change from the hubbub of the high street. I found a really great house share in the heart of Barnsbury, only a 10 minute walk from Angel, with three really decent people, a back garden with a propane grill, and a clawfoot tub. It's a little bit like heaven.

2. Work has been, shall we say, trying, and the last thing I've wanted to do after 14 hour days is sit at the laptop and try to find something interesting to say. Frankly, I don't think I had much of anything to say at all after being cooped up in the office for that long. It looks like that streak of awfulness is near the end, though, so hopefully I can reenergize my writing.

3. The Irishman and I celebrated our one-year anniversary, and he surprised me with a weekend away in Bruges. It was a really lovely surprise and I was so excited when I found out where we were headed. Obviously I took a ton of pictures, but the weekend was so special that I thought I'd keep it to myself and not blog it... some things are personal, you know?

But anyway, here I am, back in the driver's seat. I won't make any promises to keep blogging regularly etc etc but I'll try. I'm also going to be looking for a way to liven the blog up a bit; I'm a bit self-conscious in that I'm not sure people really want to read about my day trips and weekends away. Or do they? I'm thinking of giving Bloody Brilliant more purpose than just online journal. If you have any suggestions, feel free to send them along.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment