Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Olympic [Countdown]

Hi everyone! I am back from a week in south Ireland with The Irishman's family (post on the week away coming soon) – and I'm relaxed and rejuvenated. I wasn't in such a great shape on my way out the door for the holiday; some house stuff and work stuff piled up and I literally had to slam my computer shut and run out of the office to make the train to my plane. I had grand plans to post about the Olympic build up in London for you all, but time didn't allow for it and now the security crisis and transport fears and weather woes have largely all been surpassed by a sense of optimism, excitement, and goodwill in London. Okay there are a few new scandals like Mitt Romney putting his foot in it and empty seats in a lot of venues but overall the feel in the city is one of excitement about the Olympics. Even I, a pretty big sports curmudgeon, am thrilled that we got tickets – even if it's to Beach Volleyball (those are our tickets above). But rather than recap the news any more, I'll leave you with a few photos I've been collecting of London all dressed up for its big game. 

But actually, first: watch this video. Boris has been the main man over the last few weeks, and here he doesn't disappoint. Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Thos pink signs are so cheap looking. I wonder if they will be taken down after, I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so much fun to go for the Olympics. I will be booking my tickets with Lufthansa to go to London soon! This airline serves such delicious food that everyone would want to travel with them. I am hoping to have a lot of fun in London soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. t is always so much fun to go for the Olympics. I will be booking my tickets with Lufthansa to go to London soon!
    This airline serves such delicious food that everyone would want to
    travel with them. I am hoping to have a lot of fun in London soon :)

    ReplyDelete